One of the production stills from my final year project at University... So long ago...
When you wish to break into the film industry, where do you start? For many of those with a love of movies but no contacts or experience, it seems a very daunting task. However every successful film maker working today had to start somewhere. It is true that there are some who have been fortunate to come from movie making stock, or have been financially strong enough to attend film school, where contacts and experience can be nurtured. But with today's technology, almost anyone can produce something for viewing. Those that wish to work in the industry may have to work infinitely harder than the aforementioned lucky ones, but there are some truly unique voices out there and some may very well break through and form a successful career.

So where to start? For me, it is to address the issue of British film in general, in accordance with my tastes. Personally, have always favoured genre movies over artistic works. Now I am not saying that I don't like art films - some of the works of Greenaway and Jarman are very good - but I have always enjoyed a great thriller, or a hilarious comedy. And if I wish to make movies, I am naturally drawn to these types of film. My early short films clearly fall under this bracket and the ideas that I am currently developing are following in their footsteps. But one thing troubles me when considering British genre films... Why are there so few shown on the big screen?

There are some fine examples of British film on the big screen that fall into the genre market - Edgar Wright's The World's End is one of the most successful examples in recent months. But an established film maker like Wright would no longer have trouble funding a high profile movie. How does a new independent film maker get their film into the movie theaters? This is when the artistic hat must be put aside and the business hat comes into play. It cannot be forgotten that this is show-business - when you are recognized by your peers as a success, then the more personal, artistic projects could come forward.  Until then, you must surely work towards a film you can sell.

Perhaps a re-think on tactics is in order... As you will see from my next entry...

Comments

12/05/2015 04:02

WatchSeries.eu is the social network for watch series online, watch tv shows online, WatchSeriesOnline.eu has more than ten thousand tv series.

28/09/2017 06:24

I cannot remember if I already watched a British genre movie, but I've read a lot of movie reviews with this kind of genre and they say that it's a must for everyone to watch this kind of film. I will make a research about this genre and a list of movie to watch so that if ever I will be having a free time. I feel excited and nervous at the same time! I will make my own review once I am done watching a certain film. Thank you for the inspiration!

14/09/2015 10:48

It is the best quality of English movies that their trailer is very interesting and full of suspense. They expose the trailer but don’t tell all the story of movie. They give just a little idea about it.

31/10/2015 15:26

Salman Khan is Associate in Nursing Indian actor WHO seems in screenland films. Khan created his debut in 1989 with a supporting role within the family drama Biwi holmium To Aisi, following that he had his breakthrough role in Sooraj Barjatya's blockbuster romance Maine Pyar Kiya, that he earned a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.During the first Nineties, he asterisked within the action drama Baaghi: A Rebel for Love 1990, the action film Patthar Ke Phool 1991, and therefore the romance Saajan 1991, all of that were financially thriving.However, his different releases throughout this era, together with Suryavanshi 1992, Jaagruti 1992, and Dil Yamaltu Aashiq 1993, failing commercially, leading to a short reverse in his career.

British movies are very important part of the realm and sector of the films and such jonras of the life. The show business is on the rise and its need in the life of the humans is extensively felt and observed.

Film industry is too hard. Instead I would suggest to start off initially at TV series play and gain popularity. For inspiration take the career life of Peter Capaldi of Doctor Who.

I want to correspond that demonstration, you use the colors you feel, and occasionally they are fake colors. But always it's to show solitary I would have loved to be part of that golden age of Hollywood in the 1980s.

15/03/2016 18:27

The best action and 3D movies are British movies. I am big fan of British movies and also loved their work.

"Captain America Civil War movie free" celebrities approximately the combination Marvel film squad, as well as the retaliator with Ant-Man.

superiorpaper
19/04/2016 16:59

British movies and dramas series are very popular and well known into different estates of USA. The British movies are just outclass and also full of actions and entertainment. The cinema of British movies are also very advance and show excellent qualities of movies and dramas series.

22/05/2016 21:14

The bruisers are using and seeing the many of the movies as well. It deals with the full of availability of the human being. It will going up on the advancement of the people.

02/06/2016 08:44

Many of the bruisers have seen the different movies in the different big salaam as well. They will be getting enjoyment in different ways. This is the main features for the main kind of factor as well. This is the main source for the main collection of the other side.

22/11/2016 14:07

We will welcome you with an exciting discount, so you can save some good amount on your very first order.

27/01/2017 12:18

dge.tn.nic.in

Any fast and furious how to guide on video marketing needs to tell you at least two things: how to create the best video for your needs, and then, how to use your video to accomplish your goals.

25/07/2017 18:11

Zune music downloads are getting a lot of attention. Music has always been a hot topic and a popular entertainment. As an owner of this new MP3 player, you may feel challenged to pay close to a dollar for each piece of music you download at the marketplace. Deep in your heart, you may be wondering if there is another place that can offer you cheap zune music downloads. Read on as there is a solution for you.